Please note: This event is not for new trail runners looking for a PR. You must be able to handle yourself in the woods. This course will have upwards of 5 to 6,000 feet of elevation gain. It will be marked sparingly. Each runner will be given detailed course descriptions and major intersections will be marked, however runners should have basic trail navigational skills (following blazes and numbered trails with the map).
We will not have qualifying standards, however you will notice there is significant distance between aid stations. With that said there will be certain requirements.
- Runners must carry water with them (a requirement of 20 ounces)
- There is no drop point on the finger lakes trail other than aid stations. If you drop at an aid station you will still need to hike up to the road for a ride back out.
- You have an understanding that 40+ miles is a long way to run. Each runner will be given a course map and directions prior to starting the event -we suggest you bring this with you as we will only be marking major intersections of the course.
In the style of old school ultras, this race comes with a need for self sufficient runners – We have 6 fully stocked aid stations on the course spread out among the 40 miles. Be prepared to spend up to 8-9 miles between some of the aid stations in some remote sections of trail. Be prepared to read a map/follow directions/get yourself out of trouble.
Shuttle from start to finish $5.00
Due to our commitment to the trail, we are not allowing pacers in this event. You must be able to traverse this course on your own.
You may receive a refund only if there is a wait list entrant still available at the time of your request.
We do not offer deferrals for this event
Refunds will be given out as defined below.
- $90 refund up until Jan 31st – 2019
- $70 refund Feb 1st to Feb 28th 2019
- $45 refund March 1st to April 30th – 2019
- No refunds after April 30th – 2019
There are no transfers allowed for this event.